Mistakes Will be Made
Across the years, many entrepreneurs considering the trainings ISM offers have asked me: Will this training make me successful?
I’ve always responded: I could never guarantee your success or failure. The things I can guarantee are:
- You will make mistakes and face challenges the minute you start any business.
- You will gain tools, methodologies, strategies, and connections to help you overcome those challenges.
I say this because entrepreneurship is a practice. Each time you practice anything, recommendations and results can change, based on the circumstances. If you were to have a fever pre-Covid, most likely the doctor would have you take an over-the-counter medication. Today they have to ask more questions to make sure you don’t have Covid challenges. Things change in the business world just as they do in the medical field.
You will make mistakes!
I made my first mistake when I was 18 years old, in the U.S. for just nine months. I sold my only asset at the time — a car — to a man who turned out to be a thief. He took my car, wrote a bad check, stopped payment on the check, and closed the bank account. That was not the only mistake I made, nor will it be the last of my life.
Mistakes will happen. The best we can hope is that when the do, we learn from them.
BEFORE YOU GO
We see our blogs as opportunities for dialogue. Please share your thoughts as comments.
- What have you learned from previous mistakes?
- Can you establish systems to ensure mistakes don’t happen too often?
- What have you done to ensure you continue moving forward when mistakes do happen?
Faris Alami is Founder and CEO of International Strategic Management, Inc. (ISM). He works internationally, presenting Exploring Entrepreneurship Workshops and other entrepreneurial ecosystem — related ventures.
#makingmistakes #entrepreneurship #leadership #farisalami